Trucking Compliance 101
This NATMI Trucking Compliance 101 course will cover the basics for any trucking/heavy vehicle fleet operation. Whether you need a primer on the fundamentals of regulatory compliance and the responsibilities of a commercial vehicle owner or a refresher on drug testing policy and safety foundations, this is the course for you.
This custom-designed workshop is for all fleets, regardless of interstate/intrastate status or private/for-hire operations. These topics will help any safety or operations manager make better decisions both operationally and safety-wise. Reduce costs through best practices, prepare for possible regulatory audits and dramatically lower insurance and legal exposure by learning the best ways to run your fleet and hire/retain drivers.
This course is interactive and is led by a professional trucking industry expert. Topics will include:
- The importance of safety in your organization
- Considering your company as a “system”
- Plan – Do – Check – Act cycle (PDCA)
- FMCSR sections and an overview of the contents of each
- What agencies does trucking (and YOU) have to deal with? Overview of US Dept. of Transportation (DOT); Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA); US Dept. of Labor (DOL); US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC); US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); US Transportation Security Administration (TSA); and more
- CSA (Compliance, Safety, Accountability): what it is, what it does, how it works, and how it affects companies and drivers.
- SMS (Safety Measurement System): what are the basics and what do they mean
- DataQ’s: how to appeal violations off of your company record and off of your driver’s record
- PSP: the driver Pre-Screening Program
- Hours of Service discussion: rules as they are now (including 100 air mile radius, exceptions, etc.) and what to look forward to
- E-Logs / ELDs (electronic logging devices)
- Records retention requirements, including the accident register, OSHA required documents, D&A documents and more
- Driver files and qualifying drivers
- Alcohol and drug testing requirements, including the six types of tests trucking deals with
- What exactly is an accident? Most mishaps are not technically “accidents” and/or many not occur on a “highway”
- Definition of Commercial Motor Vehicle: what is one and what isn’t
- Post-accident drug testing: protecting yourself and following the law
- Six areas to investigate when an accident occurs
- Important fleet ratios: accident ratios, injury and illness ratios, operating ratios and the cost of claims
- Effective safety management controls and doing your due diligence.
- DOT Audits: types, what they look for and how you can pass
- Driver orientation processes: maybe the most important thing you’re skimming through
- FTA/NATMI/FRF/FPMA Members – $125.00
- Nonmembers – $150.00
- Register now
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
6000 West Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34746