2016 Florida SuperTech Skills Competition
March 16, 2016
Mid-Florida Tech, Orlando
Florida’s best diesel technicians square off in the state’s premier skills competition.
The 2016 Florida SuperTech competition is limited to 36 competitors at 6 skills testing workstations with 1 knowledge test. Only ONE Overall Winner will walk away with the prize. $100 per competitor registration. There will be an Awards Luncheon after the competition. Lunch for each competitor is included in the entry fee. Tickets for other attendees, including family members, are $35 per person.
The Overall Winner will be presented with:
- Two tickets to the Daytona 500
- Expenses paid to attend the 2015 Fall Meeting & National Technician Skills Competition, including: Registration fee, 3-night hotel stay and $500 travel/meal expense.
Information for Competitors
This year, we have 32 professional competitor slots and 4 student technician slots available. Competitors should prepare for SIX skills stations and ONE written test:
- Written test covering practical calculations on all vehicle components
- Electrical station
- Federal Periodic Inspection station
- Engine Diagnostics station
- Tire/Wheel station
- Brakes station
- Fasteners station
Cost for competitors is $100/professional and free for students. Fee includes lunch.
Spouse/Family/Guest/Company Representative fee is $35 and includes lunch.
Download event forms:
- 2016 SuperTech Information Form
- 2016 Technician Certification Form (required for all professional contestants and MUST be received by FTA office by March 11, 2016)
- 2016 SuperTech Sponsor Form: Member and Non-Member
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – Nearest Universal Orlando
5605 Major Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819
$99/night for 1 King — limited number of rooms available in block, so reserve now!
Pricing available for 3/14 through 3/16
Hotel: 1-800-HOLIDAY (1-800-465-4329) or (407) 956-5951
Use Group Code FT4
Make your hotel reservations by March 7, 2016.