Natural disasters affect everyone at some point. Here are some resources to help you before, during, and after a natural disaster or other emergency happens. Protect yourself and your fleet, and find ways to help those in need!
Current Event Information
Emergency Permits and Orders
When the Governor of Florida issues an state of emergency, FDOT and others allow certain trucking regulations to be temporarily relaxed or lifted. These apply to road use, size and weight restrictions, hours of service and other issues. Please check the specific documents for the current emergency situation (BOTTOM OF PAGE AT LINK):
Commercial Vehicle Size and Weight
Information about who and what type of vehicle must utilize weigh stations/scales in Florida and other FAQ pertaining to the facilities
Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
FHP CVE issued direction to Troopers on suspension of certain enforcement activities during the emergency relating to vehicle involved in emergency operations.
- Irma Emergency Guidance for LE
- On 9/6/17, we received clarification that the Emergency Order above pertains to all loads of emergency preparation/relief supplies, even those en route to point-of-sale locations (i.e., grocery store re-stocking). If you have specific questions about your shipment, please email us or call (850) 222-9900.
Emergency Declarations by State
Find emergency declarations for states in which you operate by using this list complied by FMCSA. Note permits and orders will vary by state so do your homework on each.
- List of Emergency Declarations by State
- Emergency Declarations, Waivers, Exemptions and Permits
- Georgia Declaration of Emergency (1/16/18)
- KY Declaration of Emergency and Exemption for HOS (1/16/18)
- LA State of Emergency Proclamation (1/16/18)
- NC Temporary Suspension of Motor Vehicle Regulations (1/16/18)
- September, 2017 Links:
- GA Executive Order and Evacuation (9/7/17)
FEMA Information & Resources
- National Business Emergency Operations Center
- Unified Information Portal
- Hurricane Irma Summaries – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Impact Summary – South Florida – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Electric Power Infrastructure Impact Assessment – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Commercial Facilities Infrastructure Impact Assessment – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Impacts to Florida Ports (FOUO)
- Hurricane Irma – Transportation Infrastructure Impact Assessment – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma Executive Summary – OCIA Hurricane Irma Products – 07 September 2017
Latest Weather Information
NOAA maintains the latest information on storm tracking and warning areas.
Instant updates on traffic and crashes statewide through the website or mobile app download.
- Florida statewide
- Create custom routes and alerts (login required)
- 511 Nationwide
- Georgia 511
- Louisiana 511
- Mississippii 511
- North Carolina 511
- Tennesseee 511
- Virginia 511
- (9/13/17) – Possible detour on I-75 in Alachua Co. due to flooding
- Urgent Alerts – Road closures and detours due to Hurricane Irma (9/13/17)
Remember, you can call 511 from anywhere in Florida for up to date statewide roadway information and to report roadway issues.
Florida Disaster Information
Businesses today must plan for more than just supply and demand. Hurricanes, floods, fires, terrorism, and other potential hazards pose serious threats to businesses everywhere. The tools and information provided on this page are designed to help Florida businesses stay prepared and to ensure the continued health of Florida’s economy.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) Info for Business
- FDEM Info for the Public
- Florida SERT Information Report: ESF18: Business, Industry and Economic Stabilization (09/05/17, 1330)
- Register your business with the Florida Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center
- Get updates directly from emergency management/government officials:
- Statewide notices of regulation changes by the Governor: News Releases
- Agriculture Specific Rule Changes to Motor Carrier Operations
- Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi have waived their interstate import requirements for Florida pets and livestock.
- FDOT Emergency Management Public Site
- Updated pop-up information available at www.freightmovesflorida.com
Recent Event Information
(10/5/17) Florida SERT Update on Tropical Depression 16 Download the update here Summary: At 11AM EDT, Invest 90L was determined to have a closed center of circulation and advisories began…
(10/5/17) American Logistics Aid Network (ALAN) Update Today ALAN began monitoring Tropical Depression 16 in the southern Gulf of Mexico. This disturbance is anticipated to become a fast moving hurricane…
(10/3/17) Emergency Road Use Permit Letter 17-235 (3rd Extension) Florida DOT Secretary Mike Dew extended the original Irma Emergency Orders again today. Please download the following as needed: EmergencyRoadUsePermitLetter_ExecutiveOrder 17-235…
(9/28/17) ALAN Update on Maria Response, Irma, Harvey Recovery We are beginning to see requests for transport to USVI from the non-profit community. That is a positive indicator that assessments…
On Sep. 29, FMCSA issued an extension of its regional emergency declaration specifically for the transportation of fuel products. The extension runs through October 30 or until the end of the…
Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containersPart of the reason for the distribution backlog is that only 20% of truck drivers have reported back to work since…
(9/28/17) Professional CDL drivers are needed to help with disaster assistance/relief dissemination. The number to call to offer trucking services is: 469-401-9603. This is the number provided to us by…
(9/19/17, 1703) FDOT Weigh Station Manager Paul Clark released a memo today regarding emergency response vehicles working after Irma: Effective immediately, emergency response utility vehicles (i.e. bucket trucks, etc.) responding…
The IRS has extended tax relief in the wake of Hurricane Irma to the entire state of Georgia. Read more at...thumbnail courtesy of forbes.com
The theme of the 2017 hurricane season — dire, destructive, and deadly storms bordering on hyperbolically intensity — continues with Hurricane Maria. The powerful storm is taking aim at the…