Natural disasters affect everyone at some point. Here are some resources to help you before, during, and after a natural disaster or other emergency happens. Protect yourself and your fleet, and find ways to help those in need!
Current Event Information
FDOT releases authorization for emergency response vehicles to bypass weigh station facilities in response to Irma
(9/19/17, 1703) FDOT Weigh Station Manager Paul Clark released a memo today regarding emergency response…
Emergency Permits and Orders
When the Governor of Florida issues an state of emergency, FDOT and others allow certain trucking regulations to be temporarily relaxed or lifted. These apply to road use, size and weight restrictions, hours of service and other issues. Please check the specific documents for the current emergency situation (BOTTOM OF PAGE AT LINK):
Commercial Vehicle Size and Weight
Information about who and what type of vehicle must utilize weigh stations/scales in Florida and other FAQ pertaining to the facilities
Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
FHP CVE issued direction to Troopers on suspension of certain enforcement activities during the emergency relating to vehicle involved in emergency operations.
- Irma Emergency Guidance for LE
- On 9/6/17, we received clarification that the Emergency Order above pertains to all loads of emergency preparation/relief supplies, even those en route to point-of-sale locations (i.e., grocery store re-stocking). If you have specific questions about your shipment, please email us or call (850) 222-9900.
Emergency Declarations by State
Find emergency declarations for states in which you operate by using this list complied by FMCSA. Note permits and orders will vary by state so do your homework on each.
FEMA Information & Resources
- National Business Emergency Operations Center
- Unified Information Portal
- Hurricane Irma Summaries – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Impact Summary – South Florida – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Electric Power Infrastructure Impact Assessment – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Commercial Facilities Infrastructure Impact Assessment – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma – Impacts to Florida Ports (FOUO)
- Hurricane Irma – Transportation Infrastructure Impact Assessment – 07 September 2017
- Hurricane Irma Executive Summary – OCIA Hurricane Irma Products – 07 September 2017
Latest Weather Information
NOAA maintains the latest information on storm tracking and warning areas.
Instant updates on traffic and crashes statewide through the website or mobile app download.
- Florida statewide
- Create custom routes and alerts (login required)
- 511 Nationwide
- Georgia 511
- Louisiana 511
- Mississippii 511
- North Carolina 511
- Tennesseee 511
- Virginia 511
- (9/13/17) – Possible detour on I-75 in Alachua Co. due to flooding
- Urgent Alerts – Road closures and detours due to Hurricane Irma (9/13/17)
Remember, you can call 511 from anywhere in Florida for up to date statewide roadway information and to report roadway issues.
Florida Disaster Information
Businesses today must plan for more than just supply and demand. Hurricanes, floods, fires, terrorism, and other potential hazards pose serious threats to businesses everywhere. The tools and information provided on this page are designed to help Florida businesses stay prepared and to ensure the continued health of Florida’s economy.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) Info for Business
- FDEM Info for the Public
- Florida SERT Information Report: ESF18: Business, Industry and Economic Stabilization (09/05/17, 1330)
- Register your business with the Florida Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center
- Get updates directly from emergency management/government officials:
- Statewide notices of regulation changes by the Governor: News Releases
- Agriculture Specific Rule Changes to Motor Carrier Operations
- Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi have waived their interstate import requirements for Florida pets and livestock.
- FDOT Emergency Management Public Site
- Updated pop-up information available at www.freightmovesflorida.com
Recent Event Information
(9/19/17, 1703) FDOT Weigh Station Manager Paul Clark released a memo today regarding emergency response vehicles working after Irma: Effective immediately, emergency response utility vehicles (i.e. bucket trucks, etc.) responding…
The IRS has extended tax relief in the wake of Hurricane Irma to the entire state of Georgia. Read more at...thumbnail courtesy of forbes.com
The theme of the 2017 hurricane season — dire, destructive, and deadly storms bordering on hyperbolically intensity — continues with Hurricane Maria. The powerful storm is taking aim at the…
(9/19/17, 0900) State issued today a Second Supplemental Emergency Order issued pursuant to Executive Order 17-235. The Emergency Road Use Permit Letter must be used in conjunction with the referenced…
Volunteer Florida, Florida’s lead agency for volunteers and donations, is reminding people who want to support communities impacted by Hurricane Irma to consider the following: Cash: Financial support to established…
If you live in one of the disaster-designated Florida counties and experienced property damage or loss directly caused by Hurricane Irma, register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for…
The American Red Cross is looking for assistance with truck drivers and their semi-tractors (apprx. 10) to move relief product amongst several distribution points across the state. They have the trailers…
Significant river flooding continues as heavy rainfall from Hurricane Irma drains into Florida Peninsula rivers. River Flood Warnings are in effect for 17 major river stems and creeks in Florida.…
From the Multi-State Fleet Response Working Group / All Hazards Consortium UPDATE: This is the 7th and FINAL message regarding Hurricane IRMA impacting Florida, and the Southeastern U.S. FLORIDA Power…
EPA Extends Texas Fuel Waivers to October 1 On September 13, due to the continuing effects of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, the EPA extended two fuel waivers affecting the State…