ALAN Update on Maria Response, Irma, Harvey Recovery
We are beginning to see requests for transport to USVI from the non-profit community. That is a positive indicator that assessments are being completed and recovery activities are beginning. As these requests take shape we will share them via our logistics map.
More positive new today from Puerto Rico with reports that water service has been restored to a food manufacturer on the island. A few questions from today’s ALAN / LIFT supply chain coordination call:
- Businesses need information on process for sending cargo to PR
- Hacienda / getting items off of port with cash requirements
- Businesses interested in cash availability on-island
- Ongoing question about fuel availability on-island for distribution.
- Storage containers need to be returned in order to stage more cargo
An update on the number to contact to offer truck drivers and equipment: The number to call to offer trucking services is: 469-401-9603 This is the number provided to us by the government in Puerto Rico. Call this number from a mobile to receive a text with instructions. Land lines do not work.
ALAN is hosting a daily coordination call for businesses seeking to collaborate on shipping to Puerto Rico. The next call will be Friday 9/29/2017 at 10:30 AM Eastern. ALAN is working with LIFT http://gotlift.org to compile a consolidated list of cargo needing shipment. This form is available at: http://alanaid.org/prship This will aid us in determining what size/type of transportation is needed. This is in response to PRFAA’s request for an inventory of humanitarian shipments. To request to join the call, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For those who participated on Tuesday, the call in information is the same.
- DHS and FEMA are holding a daily private sector coordination call at 3 PM Eastern.
- Dial-in number and participant passcode/pin: Dial-In #: 800-324-5531 pin: 798364
- NBEOC Operations Dashboard: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/maria2017
Thank you for your unwavering support!
Looking for something you saw in a previous report? Check our website: www.alanaid.org/sitreps
ALAN is a 501(c)(3) organization which relies upon the generosity of individuals and businesses to conduct our operations. We never charge a fee for any of our disaster relief coordination activities or information referral services. Your donations are greatly appreciated, and may be made online.