skip to Main Content
A Sharper Focus On Safety: CCJ Innovator Daryl Flood Sees Rapid Improvements With New Culture, Safety Initiatives

A sharper focus on safety: CCJ Innovator Daryl Flood sees rapid improvements with new culture, safety initiatives

One glance at Daryl Flood Relocation & Logistics’ trophy case is all it takes to understand that the company has an established reputation for quality service. According to Daryl Flood, founder and chief executive officer, the nine most important words at the company are “Satisfy the customer, satisfy the customer, satisfy the customer.”

The Coppell, Texas-based company’s business is divided into two market segments. Roughly 60 percent comes from the over-the-road market as a household goods moving agent for Mayflower Transit, a brand under the UniGroup umbrella. The other 40 percent is in the short-haul space as a dedicated distribution and last-mile delivery service provider for GE Appliances. Another small portion of its business is devoted to workplace relocation services. Overall, Daryl Flood operates about 250 power units, most of which are owned and operated by independent contractors.

As with most transportation providers, safety always has been a top priority at Daryl Flood. With most of its revenues generated by servicing two customers, Flood knew the company could do better to ensure it would remain a preferred transportation supplier. In 2013, he created a new job function to better align the company’s safety performance with its quality of service and hired Scott Roberts as director of safety, compliance and risk management. read more at


Back To Top